Fuse and company Co.,Ltd

メールでのお問合せ 代表ブログ

Top of Page > blog > Earthquake building codes in Japan

Fuse and company Co.,Ltd.

« | blog | »

Earthquake building codes in Japan

April 15,2015

Earthquake building codes in Japan
When you purchase an apartment or condominium, you should know it is “kyu-taishin” or 
“shin-taishin” It is very important distinction. Simply speaking “kyu-taishin” is fragile.
“shin-taishin” is unbreakable. Of course most people know its difference, so the yield ratio between the two is so different.
Major building code change to the building standards act occurred in 1981.
Buildings built to the pre-1981 standard are called is “kyu-taishin”. 
Buildings built to the new standard are called “shin-taishin”.